11th – 18th June 2022
LIFE IS SHORT WRITERS RETREAT
Join us for a week of writing inspiration, discussion and a-ha moments at our Life Is Short Writers Retreat on Lake Trasimeno Italy.
Your host Rosie, a keen writer and established magazine publisher, has been running group events in Italy for over 10 years. Together with her friend Lucia, the owner of Agriturismo La Dogana, she has put together an itinerary specifically for writers to enjoy a week of amazing Italian experiences from food to medieval town exploration, while still having time to write, relax, learn, share and bond with other authors.
Having had previous guests such as Hans Christian Andersen and Lord Byron gracing its rooms, Agriturismo La Dogana, is the perfect writing retreat venue on the border of Tuscany and Umbria. With a magnificent pool and 4,000 olive trees, you will find perfect shaded spots to get some words done or discuss with others about previous wordage created.
With views over Lake Trasimeno and its Tuscan style farmhouse accommodation exclusive to our group, we aim for you to leave your Italian home away from home, feeling refreshed, inspired, and glorious memories with new like-minded friends.
We’ll do three to four hour writing sprints each day together (Divided into 45 minutes of writing, 15 minute discussion). Of course you can have this time for yourself if you prefer to work alone.
What is included:
- Private coach transfers (Pick up and drop off in Florence)
- 7 breakfasts and 7 dinners
- Accommodation : Own room in 2 bedroomed apartment with one bathroom, kitchenette and sitting area in each apartment. Garden chairs and table outside each apartment
– Pienza in the historical region of Val d’Orcia : Cheese maker with tasting + light lunch
– Spello: Wine tasting treasure hunt + light lunch
– Cortona: Home of “Under the Tuscan Sun”
- Gelato making course and tasting at the venue
Four hour writing sprints each day (Divided into 45 minutes of writing, 15 minute discussion)
Each evening we will chat around dinner time about marketing and techniques
- Live music the last night
- Lunch other than stated (the apartments are self catering so we will do a run to the nearby supermarket on day one for supplies. We can also BBQ together and do shared lunch creations should participants wish).
- Writing Materials
Level: Although it is not a requirement, most attendees will have been previously published (Trad or Indie).